The new year brings new opportunities for Lake Lanier residents and stakeholders to participate in lake issues.
The Lake Lanier Association has released its 2021 volunteer involvement programs and its 2021 calendar of events.
“We are planning to be even more active this year as we advocate for the lake,” said Jennifer Flowers, executive director. “From offering informative webinars of public interest to offering a paddle safety course, our goal is to maximize ways our membership can be involved.”
- See Something Say Something: Water Watch Network rolling out this spring.
- Mini Targeted Shore Sweeps throughout the year.
- Opportunities to help maintain and inspect life jackets in a LLA Life Jacket Loaner Station.
- Office support opportunities “Bag and Gab” with fellow LLA members.
- Event planning and volunteer day of support opportunities.
Mark your calendars
Dates and locations will be posted on the association’s’ updated website launching in February at LakeLanier.org.
- March: Lawn Care for a Healthy Lanier-Virtual Webinar
- April 17: in-person Annual Member Celebration
- April 24: in-person Kayak and Paddleboard Safety Course
- May: in-person Sip n’ See Boating Etiquette Discussion
- June: Navigating Lake Lanier
- August: All about Dock Maintenance- Virtual Webinar
- September 25: Shore Sweep 2021
- October: Just for Fun Halloween Themed Sip n’ See
To be involved or for more information, call the association at 770 503 7757.